Friday, January 30, 2009

weekend gettaway

We are going out of town. The truck engine light is gone. I asked my husband Did you fix it or did the truck change its mind? He told me after tinkering with a few things and getting advice from his dad. They went to papa's house. well he was sitting at a light first one in line and no one else was around so he stomped on the gas. Took it to a high speed, very quickly, then slowed it down. The engine light was gone. We both think that something was clogged somewhere and he just blew it out. Got me to thinking. My mom never had problems with her cars, because every once in awhile on a lone road somewhere she would as she called it punch the engine. Now I don't know if it really does anything, but what the heck are those high speeds for if we are not suppose to use them, because its considered driving over the speed limit and you can get a ticket. My mom use to think that getting the engine up to a high speed fast would clean out crap in the engine. Her car's never broke down. So maybe their is something to the theory. It worked for us. I have been told that the day to day stop and go can be bad for vehicles. When all else fails putting your foot down does help. Now I don't recommend this at the busiest times of day. Nor do I condone I speed acts. But still what the heck do they give those high speeds for?

1 comment:

Order & Chaos said...

Interesting, very interesting!!! Just might have to give it a try! Have a great trip!