Saturday, January 24, 2009

I guess I don't understand

I got an email passed to me from my dad. Now my dad is a hard republican. He is the old school Republican. I get these emails passed to me and a lot of them a I like cause they have pretty pictures or funny stories or can be quite comical. Well as they get passed along I wonder when people start adding their own 2 cents to the emails. Which I usually don't have a problem with that. But at the top of this email was something about the how the president elect bought the presidency with foreign money lies and smoking mirrors. I find mudslinging repulsive. I don't care who you are or what you are doing, Accusing someone of something and not having any hard evidence is not right. He is barely in office. The least we can do is give him a chance. Good lord we gave Bush two chances. I just became really irritated at that little stab, when the rest of the email had nothing to do with it and it was quite funny. I guess I don't understand what the obsession is saying things like that. We are now licking our wounds and trying to make a comeback. Our economy is in the crapper and people are getting laid off, losing their houses and waiting for a miracle. Obama has a long hard road ahead. the man like will turn gray and we will see him age very quick.
I look at it this way he take care of what on average 2 kids maybe three. we raise them pay for there stuff, teach them right from wrong and we cry when they break our hearts, or become sick to our stomachs when they don't come home at curfew. We lose some children and we have more. we adopt and we give them up. The presidency is like the mom and that president has to look out for his country. some screw up some do things right, but the president has 10 times the amount of children (all of us) to look after. He isn't always going to get it right. Did we with our first child. To this day I know what I could have done differently with my first, but I can't now he is 13 all I can do is pray I don't get it wrong the rest of his life. The president hopes for the same thing, that he doesn't get it wrong. He does not want to disappoint our nation, but the truth is he can't please everyone. My children can't always please me. Every time you pick up your child and hold them or feed them, love them or discipline them, think about the struggle we go through learning how to be a parent. The president will be going through that same struggle. We either unite and help him or we go our own way and fall apart. Give him a chance... We are all learning this together. we are all struggling together and watch for the rainbow...

1 comment:

Order & Chaos said...

I totally, thoroughly feel the same way!