Sunday, December 21, 2008

I feel LIke an Idiot

I sent an email last week letting my supervisors know that if weather gets bad, that I am right up the hill. I live a mile away from the silverdale hospital. Well we got all that snow that the weatherman said we were going to get.
by 9pm no phone calls. I thought wow everyone made it into work. I kinda was hoping

You see we had plans an Saturday night with friends to get our families together and have dinner and watch a movie. Those plans failed due to my friends husband having to drive people to work or to home from both hospital campuses.

My husband found out they are short drivers and volunteered our suburban and him to help out in the morning Which is fine. He love driving in the snow.

About 1030 I get a phone call they need me to work in Bremerton. Okay so its not done the hill, its across town. Money is money. Except I had two glasses of wine and could not drive. I would of never of had any in the first place if I was going to get a call 1 and half hours before the shift started. The shift went till 8am. bit of a snag their since Kevin had to be at the hospital by 7am Only one vehicle with 4wd. Plus their is the kids.

So I did not think thus one through. I feel so stupid for having that wine. On top of all of that, My superviser calls me to find out why I can't cover the shift. I told her why. Told her I wasn't think was just kicking back watching a movie and it sounded good at that moment.

So here I sit at 4 am in the morning, can't sleep due to my stupidity. I just hope no one hates me for it. I hate confrontation. I avoid it like the plague. I like everyone to like me. I will actually bend over backwards to help people out, but tonight I screwed up.

Well... at least I feel like I did!

No comments: